NOTE: To download high-resolution photo, double-click on photo below.
When new window opens, right-click on the image and select 'Save Picture As...":
New Tempstar® 80 Percent Gas Furnaces Optimized for Easier Installation and Service
LEWISBURG, Tenn., Oct.28, 2010 – International Comfort Products, LLC (ICP) unveils a versatile new line of smaller, lighter Tempstar® 80 percent AFUE gas furnaces, designed for easier installation, service and sales.
ICP Product Support Manager Dave Powell said that in designing the new line of Tempstar 80 percent gas furnaces, ICP asked for input from dozens of dealers all across the country. “Dealers sell, install and service 80 percent gas furnaces for a living, so we wanted to know what features were important to them and find out if they had any ideas for improving the old line— and we listened to what they had to say.”
These new Tempstar 80 percent furnaces are available in four product families:
- SmartComfort™ VS 80 – Premium model with variable-speed high-efficiency ECM blower, two-stage heating, and two-stage cooling compatibility.
- SmartComfort IIS 80 – Two-stage heating and two-stage cooling compatible.
- SmartComfort XS 80 – High-efficiency ECM blower can deliver an increase in cooling efficiency that can translate to a higher SEER rating when paired with select Tempstar condensing units and evaporator coils.* The XS 80 is also compatible with two-stage condensers.
- PS 80 – Single-stage heating model with PSC blower.
The Tempstar 80 percent gas furnaces are equipped with several quality and reliability features that make them tougher, quieter, easier to install, easier to service, and easier to sell.
- Tougher – The new line features a simple but reliable White-Rodgers® gas valve, a proven Rigid Press Joint (RPJ®) aluminized steel heat exchanger, and dependable silicon nitride hot surface ignitors.
- Quieter – The new 80 percent furnaces feature a sealed blower compartment to diminish operating sounds, and key components sit on soft-mount rubber grommets that absorb sound and vibration. SmartComfort models are built in a fully insulated steel cabinet to muffle sound.
- Easier to Install – The new furnaces stand only 33-1/3 inches tall and weigh less than their counterparts in the previous 80 percent furnace line. Most models measure less than 21 inches wide to fit through narrow openings. Featuring a four-way multiposition design, these versatile new furnaces allow 13 different venting options to meet the needs of virtually any installation. Cabinet edges are hemmed for easier handling.
- Easier to Service – These new gas furnaces feature a thinner, lighter single-panel door with new patent-pending on/off door latches for easier removal. A new-design LED sight glass makes diagnostic fault codes easier to read in the event the unit requires service.
- Easier to Sell – These new furnaces can be paired with new higher-efficiency “N” coils that can increase the efficiency ratings of split-system cooling. They provide a wide range of heating and cooling capacities: from 45 to 135 MBtuh and 800 to 2,200 CFM. Additionally, these gas furnaces can work with a split-system heat pump when paired with a compatible thermostat to create a dual fuel system to help provide maximum comfort and money-saving energy efficiency. Every model series offers options for furnaces that meet low NOx emissions standards.
Tempstar Maximum Strength Warranties cover the new 80 percent gas furnaces with a 10-year limited warranty on parts upon timely registration and a 20-year limited warranty on the heat exchanger, and up to 10 years of No Hassle Replacement™ limited warranty on SmartComfort models. (Limited warranty period is 5 years for parts if not registered within 90 days of installation. Jurisdictions where warranty benefits cannot be conditioned on registration will receive 10-year parts limited warranty.) The No Hassle Replacement™ limited warranty provides a new equivalent replacement unit should the heat exchanger fail during the No-Hassle period (with a labor allowance for the dealer). Restrictions apply. Contact your local Tempstar distributor for details.
* As compared to the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institutes’ coil-only rating.
White-Rodgers is a registered trademark of Emerson Electric Co.
Heating and Cooling Products
Tempstar heating and cooling products are manufactured by International
Comfort Products, LLC, a leading North American manufacturer of quality
residential and light commercial gas furnaces, split-system air
conditioners, package air conditioners, split-system heat pumps, package
heat pumps, package gas/electric combination units and oil furnaces.
Tempstar products are sold through a nationwide network of independent
For more information
about Tempstar products, visit these Web sites:
Dealers and contractors:
to learn more about Tempstar heating and cooling products